Persons who would otherwise be considered for Active or Affiliate Membership, but who reside and practice medicine outside the United States or Canada, are eligible to become Corresponding Members. If applicable, a Corresponding Member shall also be a member of the major specialty society established in the Corresponding Member’s home country. Traveling Fellows from outside US will be eligible for Corresponding membership.
A candidate for Corresponding Member that has not attended any ASES Open Symposia/Specialty Day Meetings prior to applying for the membership status may obtain a conditional status of Corresponding Member for a period of three (3) years, under the condition that he/she registers and actively participates in at least one (1) society’s annual meeting during the 3-year period.
- Substantial Portion of Clinical Practice involves Shoulder and Elbow.
- Membership in National or Regional Orthopaedic Society/Association and /or Board
- Previous attendance at ASES Open Meeting/Specialty Day
Criteria for Membership:
Recommended, but not required.
- Completed a fellowship in Shoulder Surgery, Elbow Surgery, Hand Surgery, and/or Sports Medicine;
- Peer-reviewed publication on Shoulder/Elbow topic published within the last ten (10) years (JSES, JBJS, CORR, AJSM, Arthroscopy, The Journal of Arthroplasty, JOR, JAAOS);
- Journal Review Articles, Case Reports, or Chapters on a Shoulder or Elbow topic published within the last ten (10) years;
- Regional Expert as evidenced by teaching or speaking at state/provincial, national, or international courses within the last ten (10) years;
- Paper presented at regional, national, or international courses within the last five (5) years;
- Committee Member of National Shoulder/Elbow Society;
- Editorial Reviewer for JSES or other National/Regional Shoulder Journal;
- Attendance at ASES Open Meeting/Specialty Day (during AAOS Annual Meeting) within the last ten (10) years;
- Other Considerations: Attributes that would be helpful for consideration, includes but not limited to: traveling fellowships, awards related to shoulder and elbow surgery, fellowship director, residency director, department chair, shoulder and elbow expert in underrepresented area.