The SECEC Podcast is a new SECEC project that aims to distribute hot topics and the latest and most relevant research dedicated to shoulders and elbows.
In this first season, 10 episodes were produced with the authors of selected studies presented during the last SECEC congress.
The authors give us a deep and comprehensive insight into their studies. Each interview is accompanied by one SECEC expert who contributes with great knowledge and experience.
1) Radial Head Arthroplasty For Acute Complex Elbow Instability - A Prospective Long-Term Comparative Cohort Study Of Two Implant Designs:
Authors: Samual Antuna, Blanca Diaz
Guest: Davide Blonna
2) Same Day Discharged Shoulder Arthroplasty Is A Safe Option, Prospective Cohort Study
Author: Derk van Kampen
Guest: Gregory Cunningham
3) The Role Of Arthroscopic Glenoidplasty And Osteocapsular Arthroplasty In The Treatment Of Advanced Glenohumeral Arthritis
Authors: Jorge Rochas Lievano, Shawn O´Driscoll
Guest: Roger Emery
4) Long-Term Results Of Non-Operative Treatment Of Anterior Glenoid Rim Fractures After Primary Traumatic Anterior Shoulder Dislocation
Authors: Manuel Waltenspül
Guest: Paolo Paladini
5) One Or Three-Weeks Immobilization Period In Proximal Humeral Fractures Conservatively Treated. Prospective Randomized Study.
Author: Carlos Torrens
Guest: Mehmet Demirhan
6) Long Term Outcomes After Arthroscopic Knotless Transosseous Equivalent Repair: Clinical And MRI Results Of Medium To Large Tears At A Minimum Follow-Up Of 10 Years
Author: Kadir Buyükdogan
Guest: Emilio Calvo, Interviewer: Robert Hudek
7) Does The Subscapularis Refixation Effect The Clinical Outcome After Primary Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty?
Author: Yacine Ameziane
Guest: Philippe Collin
8) Dermal Patch Augmented Versus Standard Rotator Cuff Repair
Author: Priyadarshi Amit
Guest: Andrew Carr
9) Weighted Radiographs Are Not Useful In The Classification Of Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocations
Author: Jonas Nordin
Guest: Markus Scheibel
10) Special Edition (outside of SECEC Virtual, 3 shoulder surgeons + 2 microbiologists discuss, after EFORT meeting): "Low-grade Infections and C. acnes in shoulder surgery: where do we stand today?"
1h special radio interview with:
Ofer Levy, Carlos Torrens, Holger Brüggemann, Stephane Corvec, Robert Hudek