The European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow organizes with the collaboration of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons a travelling fellowship for 2 young European surgeons in the different USA centers specialized in shoulder and elbow surgery.
The next fellowship will start in the fall 2020 for a 5 or 6 week tour.
Applicants must be under the age of 45 years, must be certified orthopaedic surgeons and must have a well documented experience in patients care and scientific research.
Only online applications are accepted before December 31, 2019.
- The USA fellowship is organised by the American Shoulder Elbow Society when hosting the SECEC Fellows.
- Usually the fellows are travelling in September/October but the final dates are chosen by the ASES.
- Two fellows will be selected among the candidates.
- Financial conditions: the American Society covers all Travel expenses. The central office of the American Society makes the flight/train/car/ room reservations.
- Travel reports are needed and are very important for the next fellowships. The Education Committee wishes, also, to get a non-official report with more personal remarks about the Centres and the travel. The fellows will present an official report during the Award Session of the SECEC Congress.
- The selected fellows will be automatically appointed “Ordinary Members”.
These rules must be strictly respected and submitting an application involves that the candidates have accepted these rules.
1993 P. Boileau / R. Emery
1994 U. Brünner / N. Wülker
1996 L. Frich / R. Hertel
1998 J. Kiss / S. Lambert
2000 A. Schneeberger / J. Steinbeck
2002 B.S. Olsen / A. Wallace
2004 S. Akpinar / F. Sirveaux
2010 D. Liem / Ph. Kasten
2012 N. Bonnevialle / A. Laedermann
2014 S. Carbone / L. Neyton
2018 P. Moroder / P. Raiss