The European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow organizes with the collaboration of the Japanese Society for Shoulder Surgery and the Korean Shoulder Society a travelling fellowship for 2 young European surgeons in the different Japanese and Korean centers specialized in shoulder and elbow surgery.
The next fellowship will start in the fall 2019 for a 5 or 6 week tour.
Applicants must be under the age of 45 years, must be certified orthopaedic surgeons and must have a well documented experience in patients care and scientific research.
Only online applications are accepted before December 31, 2018.
- The Japan-Korea fellowship is organised by the Japanese and Korean Shoulder Societies which host the SECEC Fellows.
- Usually the fellows are travelling in October/November but the Japanese and Korean Societies choose the final dates.
- Two fellows will be selected among the candidates.
- Financial conditions: the Japanese and Korean Societies cover all travel expenses. The central office of the Japanese and Korean Societies makes the flight/train/car/rooms reservations.
- Travel reports are needed and are very important for the next fellowships. The Education Committee wishes, also, to get a non-official report with more personal remarks about the Centres and the travel. The fellows will present an official report during the Award Session of the SECEC congress.
- The selected fellows will be automatically appointed “Ordinary Members”.
These rules must be strictly respected and submitting an application involves that the candidates have accepted these rules.
1995 J.O. Soejbjerg
1997 F. Gohlke
1999 L. Neumann
2001 C. Jantea
2003 J. Armengol Barallat
2005 S. Kamineni / J. Lehtinen
2007 R. Garofalo / N. Pouliart
2009 P. Huijsmans / U. Longo
2011 J. Kircher
2013 K. Bilsel / F. Martetschlager
2015 K. Wieser /A. Ersen
2017 S. Cerciello / A. Gereli
2019 P. Consigliere / B. Sumrein